"Commish, what the heck is the deal with MNF What if? The tiebreaker numbers are way off. What kind of a crappy, sham pool are you running!?" - MRH
-- Thanks Matt for the e-mail. As I have stated in the past, the MNF WhatIF does not have the Commish's certified stamp of approval. This is a feature managed by one of our interns, Joy, who does this free of charge as a courtesy to the fellow contestants. 95% of the time, it is right on but there are those times when things don't match up. In cases like that, the picks sheet on the site is the final determinant. If you think you are in contention, I would advise you to do something crazy and pull out a calculator.
"Hello Commish. I love you, but not in a gay way, not that there is anything wrong with that. So, why the delays in updating the SWS Blog this year? I miss your thoughts, but not in a gay way." - Da Mush
-- Thanks Da Mush for checking in and creeping me out. As for my delay in updating the blog this year and not appearing as attentive as in the past, it is because I am not as attentive as in the past. I am still hoping that someone will pull a coup and take this pool from me. In the past, I had high hopes for Mickey but he has fallen back into the shadows. I am now encouraged my one of our greenhorns, Spicecakes. She just might have the mettle to steal this pool from me. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Also, I am travelling out of town for work every other week so I am just not around much. So, this might explain why you don't see me as often when you are hiding out in my bushes.
"I just wanted to let you know that I am with Gill." - Sill
-- Got it. Message was also received on every one of your picksheets for the first 7 weeks.
"Commish, I am open to helping out with the site. Just let me know." - Spicecakes
-- See! You thought I was kidding. Pretty soon these recaps will be called "Spicecakes' Words of Wisdom".
"Hi Commish. You're the best. Is your daughter Ellie that far right with her political views or is this something you made up? She really can't be that ill-informed." - Rally Matt
-- Since I try to stay out of political discussions, I thought it would be best if I let Ellie answer this. She wasn't happy being pulled from her Barbie Pool Party. Here was her response....
Ellie: "Ill-informed???!!!! Made up??!! Really?! Since I don't have opinions that jive with the mainstream media, I must be made up. Right....... With the mid-term elections less than a week a way, this is not the time to push me. Hold on, let me put my Barbie down. You know, I keep hearing statements from the left about how we don't want things to be like they were when President Bush was in office. Really? Like 5% unemployment? Like a deficit less than half of what they are forecasting right now. Like a smaller government as opposed to the larger government that is currently squeezing out the private sector. Don't even get me started on Obamacare or the $1 trillion stimulus plan that was supposed to keep unemployment under 8% and has since hovered around 10%. Listen, I have my complaints about the previous administration but right now, this is amateur hour and this is coming from someone who plays with dolls for 5 hrs a day. So, let me assure you that I am real and you will hearing from plenty of us next Tuesday!!!!! I am taillights!"
Alrighty then..........
"Commish, I don't believe it. I am near the lead again in the middle of the year. Every single time this has happened in the past, I have fallen apart. Do you think this is my year?"
-- Nope.
"Mike, I just heard that you picked Chicago as a survivor pick and you are now out of the survivor pool. How can someone who watches as much football as you be so stupid?. Jobo lasted longer than you and he spends half of his day licking markers and showing me his butt. You make me sick." - Patty
-- Whoops, how did that get in here.
No comments:
Post a Comment