Thursday, October 7, 2010

The 4th Week

This week, Commish had to go to a meeting with the other leaders of the 5 families.  Thus, he delegated the Words writing to me.

That's fine by me, except for one thing:  I don't know jack about the 1st and 3rd place winners this week.  And what I do know about the 2nd place guy in total will be written in about two sentences.  That leaves me in a position to say "congrats".  But is it really sincere if I don't add some context?  Probably not.  Instead, I've just chosen to make fun of those guys. 

First-  A heartfelt congratulations go out to ICS Pat.As far as I know, this is ICS's first year in SWS, so a weekly win is a big deal.  The win vaults ICS into 37th place overall and chomping at the heals of 36th place.  I've never heard of a person with a name like this.  What could ICS stand for?  Incredibly Conscientious and Smooth?  Instantly Crabby and Swarthy?  Ideally Covered with Syrup?  Who knows.

In second place, we have Da Mush.  What does "Da Mush" mean?  I did have the pleasure of meeting Da Mush over the summer, and it turns out that "Da Mush" is what this guy will turn you into if you piss him off.  So let's just say that I really like him and hope he does well in the pool. 

In third place, we have Jaygee.  Here's a guy who can't be bothered with efficiency.  Why not just "J.G."?  Maybe if you shave a couple of letters you'll be a bit faster and take 2nd place next time.

In the Survivor pool, four chumps fell out but there are still more in than I can count, including Commish- which is good for us all so that we don't have to hear him complaining about falling out too early.

On the overall, I'm filled with mixed feelings of pride and embarrassment.  In first place, my wife and sister in law - as a team the switches off doing picks.  In second place, Commish.  In third place, my 5 year old son..   I'm sitting in 55th place, just a few points above someone who chose "Spicecakes" for a name, and I have to sleep in the same house and eat at the same table as those in 1st and 3rd.  Each night at dinner they're quizzing each other on quarterback stats, home/away records, and the intricacies of the over/under.  When I try to get into the conversation, I am told firmly "Daddy, excuse me- but Mommy was just telling me about the new Wildcat offense and I think you should be polite and let her finish".  What the hell?!

Luckily, I have history and statistics on my side.  In six years in the pool, my  wife/sis-in-law have beaten me only once (in 2004), and MJ has beaten me twice in four years. 

With that, I'll end.  I do hope that you all fall out of the Survivor Pool next week, and also that most of you put 16 points on Oakland.

Good bye.

D-Fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment