Sunday, December 27, 2009

Week 15 Recap - Coming Down to the Wire

Congrats this week go to ICS Pat for his first victory of the year, which might possibly lock up the Rookie of the Year award for him. Pat has been a welcome addition to the SWS family. He was one of the first people to pay and always gets his picks in on time. If we had more participants like him (and less like Big D and Albert P.), I wouldn't be thinking of pulling an Urban Meyer at any moment. Peg grabs 2nd place for the week and Brian C. gets 3rd. In 4th place, MJ Cranky P outlast Big Papa Marc and his random picks.

In the overall standings, Rick's lead is now down to 1 pt. and you have to begin to wonder if the pressure of holding the lead for most of the year has finally worn Rick down. Recently my wife Patty called over to Rick's house to talk to his wife Suzanne and this is how the conversation went:

(Phone ringing)

Rick: "What??!!!! What do you want!"

Patty: "Rick? Hi, it's Patty. Are you okay?"

Rick (sobbing): "1 pt! 1 measly point! I have led the SWS for most of an entire season and now I am 1 pt. away from blowing it. I can't handle this. I just can't handle this! Ahhh!!!!!!"

(click)

Patty: "Rick?"

(dial tone)

So, needless to say, I think the pressure of the SWS are taking a toll on Rick right now. In 2nd place, Kelly H. has made an impressive run up the standings and now with Rick in a free fall, she might be sitting in the driver's seat heading into the final two weeks. In 3rd place, E-Z bounces back and is showing that he is not ready to go away just yet.

In the survivor pool, we are now down to 5 people. If we don't have a single winner by the end of the season, I have decided to split the $500 amongst the remaining participants.

That is all.

Commish

1 comment: