Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Profile - Vegan Diesel



Below
is a profile of one of our rookies, Vegan Diesel. I recently flew out west to interview him. Vegan was a great host and we had an interesting interview.

Name: Vegan Diesel
Residence: Oregon
Joined SWS: 2009
Occupation: Retired
Meat Eater: No
Really?: Yes
Come on, really?: Yes, I don't eat meat
But, steak is delicious. If a cow was here right now, I'd bite into it. Bacon is also delicious. You know what would be perfect, a bacon-wrapped cow. Would you eat a bacon-wrapped cow?: No




Commish:
"Vegan, thanks for taking the time to meet with me. You have been a gracious host. I feel that this is a great opportunity for the rest of the SWS to learn something about one of the more promising rookies to join the pool in quite some time."

Vegan Diesel: "I appreciate you making the effort to fly out here. From what Doug has told me, you spend much of your time around the Thanksgiving holiday helping out at food kitchens so I know your time is short."

Commish: "My pleasure. I have been blessed and am just glad to help where I can. But, enough about me. You have made quite a splash in your rookie year. You have won a week and also finished in 3rd place another week. You are also still in contention in 24th place. What's your secret?"

VD: "No secret. Doug has given me some tips and the main thing that I do is stick to a consistent routine. So far it has worked for me."

Commish: "What is this routine, if you don't mind me asking?"

VD: "Well, I guess it couldn't hurt. The first thing that I do is dress up like Chewbacca."

Commish: "I am sorry to interrupt but are you wearing this now? I just ask because I thought you were dressed as one of those chew toys that dogs play with."

VD: "I don't know why you'd think that. I am obviously Chewbacca. You need to watch Star Wars again."

Commish: "Listen, I love Star Wars. I am a big fan. But, if you are Chewbacca, then I'm Han Solo."

VD: "Enough! I am not going to argue this point with someone who is as informed as Jar Jar Binks (breaks out in loud cackle). Anyways, after I dress up as Chewbacca, I drink a gallon of Cranberry juice and watch Inside the NFL. It's as simple as that."

Commish: "I don't know if "simple" is the right word but everyone has their own method to making picks. I don't judge."

VD: "I have one more thing."

Commish: "What's that?"

VD (holding hand up): "I will win this week."

Commish: "Perhaps you will. I wish you the best of luck."

VD (still holding hand up): "No, I will win this week. You will adjust the picks accordingly."

Commish: "Wait a second. Are you trying to do a jedi-mind trick? Your mind powers won't work on me, boy! Get it, that's from Return of the Jedi. Good stuff. Anywho, should I call a cab?"

VD (hand slowly dropping): "I will win this....Crap! Forget it! Sure, the number is right by the phone."

Commish: "Thanks. I have to run but it has been fun. Good luck the rest of the year."

VD (hand slowly rising): "You will call the cab company."

Commish: "Yeah, thanks. I think I am going to wait outside."


1 comment:

  1. Very good words this week. Nice to see the Commish we all know & love putting his wordsmithing talent on display this week. Especially with a busy holiday coming up where it would be so easy just to mail it in...

    ReplyDelete