Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Week 10 Recap - I Can't Believe What I Just Saw!

At this very minute, the devil is snowboarding in hell. Yes, it has finally happened. My son Jobo, after 4 years of futility, has finally won a week. I would like to take some credit for this win with the use of my "creative" training techniques but I think this had more to do with simple probability. If you put a bunch of monkeys each in front of a computer, eventually one of them will type War and Peace. Be that as it may, I send my congrats out to Jobo this week. Nice work son, and I am glad you are not going to spend the week sleeping in the shed. In 2nd place, congrats and a shout out go to myself for a job well done. Well done, Commish. Da Mush and Joe round out the $ winners for the week.

Speaking of monkeys, I would be remiss in not commenting on the JJ's victory last week. This is the team made up of Jeff, who is one of the original members and is back this year after a 1-year suspension because of illegal gambling. I won't go into specifics but you know it's bad when you get banned from an illegal football pool due to illegal gambling activities. Joining him on his team this year is his son Jeffrey, who brings with him the vigor and cockiness of youth that left Jeff many years ago. While their yearly performance has been less than stellar to date, they did win a week and the cockiness they displayed before their determining Monday Night game had been played was quite remarkable. I think this is a father & son team to keep an eye on in the future. They could easily develop into a contender in the coming years or one day, I will step out of my house and Jeffrey will begin pummeling me William Ligue, Jr. style. It's going one of those two directions and I think it's a coin toss at this point.

In the overall standings, Rick extends his lead and is now 13 points ahead of E-Z. What I find interesting about the season standings this week are the jumps made by the Commish household. You will now find your benevolent Commish in 6th place after jumping 15 spots. Ellie quietly moves up to 16 place with a jump of 8 spots and Jobo is now in 27th place after jumping 23 spots. What a week. On a side note, I hope you all now realize that the only way you get to see a recap early in the week is if Dougey-Fresh or I get to gloat about something.

In the survivor pool we are still at 22 people. I am still expecting to see alot of movement one of these weeks as the available teams become slimmer. We will see if I am proven correct this week.

There is another Thursday night game this week so picks need to be in early like last week. Also, I should mention something here. If you happen to forget to get your picks in on time for the Thursday game and realize it after the fact, e-mail me or Doug right away and let us know. You can then still get picks in, you just need to put 16 points on the loser of the early game. If I don't hear from you by Friday morning, I will post the sheets with random and the picks will be set.

Good luck this week.

That is all.

Commish

No comments:

Post a Comment