Thursday, November 8, 2012

Week 9 Recap from Mickey

11-6-2012, Election Day
 
"Who in the hell is George Mervosh"
 
First, he has a good name. Kings and Saints, and a Beatle have been named George. George was my father's name, and hence, is my given middle name.
 
Second, he has the good sense to be an active member of Swimming with Sharks!
 
But, most importantly, he is our Everyman. He has been everywhere on the results pages week by week as follows:
 
27,58,7,11,36,69,47,66, and of course...1. He, like most of us, was eliminated from the survivor pool by the end of week 2.
 
I don't know George, but I believe that we, like most of my pool brothers and sisters, have shared some similar thoughts.
 
"I really want to win that survivor pool" turns into "I gotta do better next year"
 
"It sure would be nice to finish in the money at season's end" becomes " I still got a chance to at least win my money back".
 
And THERE is the rub, the point of this silly discourse....George has done it, George has won back his entry fee, for one bright, shining moment,
 
George was perfect. Congratulations, Everyman. And take hope, everyone else, George has shown us the way. George has proven, it can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment