I have returned with fresh opinions, and
unfortuneatly, the same old rotten luck making picks. The new england patriots
look like they have returned to their former glory. They were the pick that
eliminated me from the survivor pool in week #2, like a lot of you. If you are
still in the pool, like your Commish, pick the patriots to defeat the seahawks
in washington state. The REAL officials are back, and that lousy call that
robbed the packers of a win will not be repeated. The seahawks QB is a work in
progress, and wont be able to keep up with brady's high powered offense.
I also want to interject here something that has
never been addressed in the Shark's Pool that I am aware of. That is our beloved
commish, and his minions who pound in all our picks every week, and make this
pool happen. You know what they get for it? Nothing, nada, zip, zero,
diddley~squat.
My history with football pools and cards, and
envelope games has always been in bars and taverns. The bartender always gets a
percentage for running the thing. It is usually ten percent. That would mean
$690 for the Commish, et al, for the grinding, number crunching labor of keeping
this thing of ours going. I know of one successful exception to this practice.
There is a steak house in my home town that runs an annual Superbowl card. They
start selling squares for $1000 each the day after the superbowl, and players
have until the end of october to pay it off in installments. Winner takes all
$100,000,and is responsible for picking up the tab for a party for everyone who
bought a square. What does the steakhouse get? The profit from the party, and
the interest off the accumulating money from the buy-in.
I believe that the Commish was ready to say aww
fock it, to this pool of ours before he was arm twisted, and talked into it. I
am grateful for his efforts; thank you Mr. Cerney Sir. If not ten percent, at
least let them play for free; no entry fee for commish, et al.
You can send feedback, or opinions, if you want to;
I don't give a sheet.
God bless our beloved Commissioner, and GO
BEARS!
I for one am very happy that Mickey is in the pool. He's one of the very few players doing worse than I am!
ReplyDelete