I'm back! Sorry for the lack of recaps lately, it has been a very busy month. I am also a bit of a procrastinator. I purchased a book about how to overcome procrastination, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Either way, I am going to try be on the top of recaps from now through the rest of the season because it is shaping up to be an exciting final couple of weeks. Before we get to that, I would be remiss in not congratulating some of our recent weekly winners....
Week 12 - congrats to Jaygee for his victory of my nephew John and Big Papa.
Week 13 - congrats to Scott for his tiebreaker victory over Bean. Now he will finally be able to afford the new Polly Pocket set. Ice Dog grabs 3rd place.
Week 14 - congrats to Da Mush for his first victory since the LBJ administration. JG III grabs 2nd place and The Cornbread Kid gets 3rd.
Week 15 - congrats to Joe, who I am starting to think might be a cyborg. He is steady, always gets his picks in, and doesn't make many stupid picks. He also usually make some cash at the end of the year. He is a lot like Da Mush, except the exact opposite. Eric Z gets 2nd place and Spicecakes gets 3rd.
In the survivor pool, WE FINALLY HAVE A WINNER!!!!! The final 2 participants left were BA Hill and Dave. BA Hill went with a banged up Tampa squad while Dave picked the beloved Bears. The rest is history as Detroit narrowly upset Tampa while the Bears destroyed the ViQueens. Congrats Dave and nice job.
In the overall standings, alot has happened in the last 4 weeks. As is the usual tradition, The Custodian has collapsed and his title hopes are hanging by a finger nail while he resides in 11th place. Big Papa Marc currently holds the top spot by 12 pts over Dave (who is trying to pull off the elusive double dip --winning the survivor pool and the season championship -- which has never been done before from my recollection, and Rally Matt. Brian S. and Tim C. are closely behind. Other than Tim, all of these participants have never been in the running this late in the season. This is nice to see for a couple of reasons. One, it means that some new people might be a part of the end of the season bounty. It also means there is a pretty decent chance that a couple of them are going to fall apart opening the door for some of the veterans who are lurking. Either way, it should be a very interesting final couple of weeks.
Now onto a little housekeeping.... I have received quite a few entry fees but still need a quite a few. I know most of you so I know you are good for it but let's begin planning on squaring up with me asap. At this point, if you want to send them to me at the end of Week 17, that is fine but please send them that week. I will begin payoffs right away after Week 17. Those who had sent in entry fees earlier in the year will have priority and I hope to have this all wrapped up in a couple of weeks after the season. Much of this depends on everyone who owes money to get it to me so please do your best.
There is a game tonight so all picks need to be in my gametime. Good luck this week.
That is all.
Commish
No comments:
Post a Comment