Thursday, October 8, 2009

Week 4 Words - A Journey into the 21st Century

As most of you have probably noticed, we have decided to take a leap into the 21st Century with our "Words" section. Instead of having a static posting which had pretty crappy limitations in terms of formatting, we have now gone live with this blog. Each week, we will be posting the previous week's recap here, which will allow people to respond immediately (not sure if this is a good thing) while adding the capability for people to be notified of a new posting. I guess it has something to do with RSS feeds or something but I will let Dougey-Fresh handle that explanation. Either way, it is a giant step forward for the SWS.

Speaking of Dougey-Fresh, I have to commend him on last week's words as they were hilarious. These words are also listed on this blog along with the great video of MJ Cranky Pants. That was some good stuff there.

In a historic week for the SWS, we also had a historic performance which will be difficult for anyone to ever duplicate. In the 15+ years that I have run this pool, we have never had someone get all the picks correctly for a week and pick the tiebreaker exactly. That was until this week when The Destructinators edged Big Mac (who also had a perfect week) by 7 tiebreaker points when they correctly picked the final MNF points to be 53. A truly historic performance which helped erase the embarassment of earlier this year when they sent in picks for the wrong games. At that time, I made a crack about not having to worry about The Destructinators being a threat for the season title. While I will still hold to that assessment, I will swallow a good heaping of crow this week.

In the overall standings, Rick remains in the lead ahead of Maverick and The Custodian. Brian C. is currently in a tie for 4th place so it will be interesting to see if this once promising rookie is finally reaching his potential. I have to admit that up to this point, the only highlight of Brian's career was being featured in a SWS Profile, but he might finally be turning it around.

In the survivor pool, we didn't lose anyone this week so not much new to report here.

I am going to keep this one short but you will hopefully will be seeing more frequent posts from Dougey-Fresh or myself in the coming weeks.

That is all.

Commish

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Doug for bringing the words section into the 21st century. If it was up to Mick, we would still be leaving our picks on his answering machine... Sunday morining.

    ReplyDelete