SWS 2012 Recap
One of my New Year’s resolutions was to get the SWS season
recap out before the Super Bowl so I thought I’d jump right in and get it done
before the first playoff game. Congrats
go out to Jack, for what I believe is his 4th season
championship. Even before this season,
he was arguably the greatest champ in SWS history, though his last championship
was in 2003 when he completed the elusive repeat. Some had wondered if he had the skills to now
win a league that is twice the size of when he last won. Others also wondered if Jack was now only a
ceremonial prognosticator. I think we have our answer. Just don’t think
that the grind of the SWS hasn’t taken its toll on our 4-time champ. Below is a pic of Jack after he won his last
championship in 2003…..
And here is a pic I took when I last saw Jack over
Christmas…..
The SWS is a meat grinder and even for those who much is
given, much is taken. Congrats Jack and
for the love of god, get some sleep.
Congrats also go out to Jaygee and Ed Wood for their 2nd and
3rd place finishes. With
social security and Medicare under siege, it is nice to see our old timers
obtain some additional revenue.
In the survivor pool, we had 2 winners who will split the
pot. The Custodian and Terminator
performed amazingly well in a year where 75% of the pool was out by the end of
the 3rd week. Congrats guys.
I still need to collect from about 10-12 participants. If you are one of these slugs, please send in
your entry asap. If you need my address,
please consult the words section on the web site where it is posted. You can also pay me via Paypal, as many have
done this year. I will begin making
payouts early next week and hope to have the process completed within the next
couple of weeks, based on when I square up with everyone. Either way, I will be sending an e-mail out
to the winners notifying them of the amount of their loot and when they should
expect payment.
Congrats again to all the winners and I hope everyone had
fun this year. Have a great offseason
and see you all next year.
That is all.
Commish
No comments:
Post a Comment