Sunday, September 23, 2012

SWS 2012: The Commish Rises

(Phone rings)
Commish: "Hello?"
Dougey-Fresh: "We were in this together, and then you were gone. And now this new NFL season rises. The 
Commish has to come back."
Commish: "What if he doesn't exist anymore?"
Dougey-Fresh: "He must.........he must......."
Commish: "Fine, get off my back. I'll do it." (Hangs up phone). "Jobo, I am doing the SWS again!"
Jobo: "Theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated. But, we are initiated, aren't we, dad?
Commish: "What are you talking about? That doesn't even make any sense."
Jobo: "You talk like a younger man, with nothing held back. Admirable....but mistaken."
Commish: "Jobo, you are starting to get on my nerves. Turn the lights off and go to bed."
Jobo: "Oh, you think darkness is your ally? But, you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it."
Commish: "Really?! Who are you crapping? How about I turn the light off and lock you in here. I give you 5 seconds until you are crying for your mama. I think you will even piddle in your pants a bit."
Jobo: "I will tell you where the light switch is. Then you have my permission to die."
(Jobo pretends to throw a grenade and runs out of the room)
Commish: "We are all screwed when this kid is running the SWS someday."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are back for another season of the SWS. No matter how much I like to drag my feet and pretend that I might shut this thing down, the NFL season approaches and I have no choice but to be a part of it. We will be running things like we have in the past. It will be $100 entry and there will be weekly and season winnings along with one survivor pool. Last year, we had 66 participants and if this year is similar, payouts will follow same format. We will pay 1st through 3rd weekly, through 5th place for season, and one payout to the survivor pool winner.
Our defending champion is BJ Hill, who beat out your beloved Commish and Tim C. (who tied me for 2nd) to bring home the top prize. I don't know BJ Hill but I can tell you that I think he is a jerk. I finally contend for the title and then he decides to pick more games correctly than me and take the money I had my sights on. I hate guys like that. Tim C. isn't much better. Year after year, he is near the top of the season standings and it is really starting to tick me off. He's a jerk too.
Below is the link to website if you don't have it anymore.
Dougey-Fresh has been pulling all-nighters getting it ready so it should be all set. If you are new this year, you will need to add your player name the first week and it will then show up subsequent weeks on the picksheet. For current members of the pool, you should be all set. Also for current members, feel free to pass on this e-mail to others you know who might be interested, Just remember that if they turn out to be a lunatic, I am sending Jobo after you.
Important note, there will be Thursday night games this entire season. Picks will need to be in before kickoff of that Thursday night game. I don't want to receive any e-mails just giving me the pick of the first game and promising the rest later. Those days are long gone. If you ask to do that, I will publicly mock you and then give you random picks. You will also not be allowed to lose the Thursday Night game and then pick the rest. Not happening. So, if you forget to do your picks by Thursday night, you will need to rely on chance, which might not be a bad alternative for some of you.
Lastly, please send your $100 entry asap to:
Mike Cerney
1716 77th St.
Naperville, IL, 60565
Paypal (preferred): mcerney2@comcast.net
If you have any questions, just let me know. Good luck this year.
That is all.
Commish

No comments:

Post a Comment